F.I.S. Back stage: Photo Police in Monaco...

First time published: 2012Nov22

If you already looked to my images of Monte Carlo, I wrote to come here and read the story about behind the scene...

As you know the French Riviera is a paradise for and to shoot, and thanks to my passion for the astronomy, I knew that during that period there was the conjunction between Moon and Jupiter. So with xmas decorations it was a good excuse for a photowalk by night.

The Temple of Non sense...
I'm not moralist, I just doing a consideration about the useless of loose money in a Casinò and the kitsch of Christmas lights aorund.
Today, the shot is impossible d/t new luxury boutiques inside the garden in front of it.
copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

I had already decided to avoid to photograph close to hotels and Casinò, so I went straight to the garden in front of the Casinò. But just entering the signal says to avoid to use tripod inside. Uhmm ok I can understand, VIP, paparazzi and tourists... So I went on top between the road and the fountain and I shot with the tripod from there. I thought to be allowed, I was outside the garden.

Hopes never die....
Particular of the Casinò during the nights of the new year.
copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

Later I moved to another wonderful building: the Hotel Hermitage, I love it.
The dome, the Moon and Jupiter it's a great shot, but it was night so I need the tripod again.
I was on the sidewalk and after setup and a couple of test shot, you know road signs, pilons, comas..... I was ready when an undecover police car stop near to me and the 4 policemen inside told me that all around the town is prohibited to use the tripod!!!
Yeah for security reasons you are not allow to use a tripod without written clearance!!!
So I closed the tripod in the bag and walk to another location... and this time I used my wallet and all walls and vases I could find.
So if you go to Montecarlo don't use the tripod!!!
Sainte Dévote
Yes it's the famous name of the first turn of the Formula 1 Gp, it's named because there's the church of "Eglise Sainte Dévote".
copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

Comments