S.R.: 39° Primo Cup 2023 - Day 0 E’ Primavera…

First time published: 2023Mar03

S.R.: 39° Primo Cup 2023 - Day 0 E’ Primavera…

Testing the spring... Longtze Premier and J70 trying to reach the field
Testing the spring... Longtze Premier and J70 trying to reach the field

Main Galleries Folder: http://bit.ly/2R13LUd
Main Galleries Folder 2023: https://bit.ly/3Zypsin 

Ci siamo, let’s start the sailing year, in the last twelve months a lot has happened, one of these, I “left” on the field 4 Ribs (come on, not rubber… my bones on the back… for details chk my Telegram ch.), so as a decade ago I (re)start exactly from Monaco to shoot on the water!
After the storm yesterday that has brought the snow on the Turchino (cyclists and Milanesi know what I mean, alps/pass in Italy…), today the coast has show a warm sunny spring atmosphere, the water calm but long medium waves and the wind pazzerello (as spring should) has made the life of the committee “complicated“ as they told me.

The "new boat" Smeralda 888 with Zaoli brother's on board - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri
The "new boat" Smeralda 888 with Zaoli brother's on board - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

About boats and sailors I wait the confirm tomorrow, however, in the J70 we have some ISAF cat 3, some old winners and the biggest number for this year (better not give a look to the past…); Smeralda 888 are there, a “new” boat is ready with Zaoli semi-twins on board; Longtze Premier are perfectly coloured for the spring.
It’s missing the forth, the RS-21 class, really a pity! I don’t know why, and I was looking for them, specially after the interview I had last year with the head of the class, and in this spring time, it could be a great test-bed.
So it’s time of the forecast for tomorrow: if the thermal breeze will born (I don’t see why not, I hope) we will have a good quantity of fun (for them and for us).
Longtze Premier manage the C.G. - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri
Longtze Premier manage the C.G. - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

If it will be just one field, I can see technically in advance the classic boat, Smeralda 888, thanks the sails bag: Genoa and Spinnaker, very powerful upwind and less road with the spinnaker, if the wind drop the coloured hull could stand up thanks to her lightness, but don’t worry J70 is a modern game machine so she will not leave the stage only to the others.
It’s time to sleep, after the great pizza and apple cake in Nice with my friend and colleague, who help me to prevent to have a bone in the lung in September…

Lighthouse fo the port in Nice - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri
Lighthouse fo the port in Nice - copyright © photo Alexander Panzeri

Main Website Event: https://bit.ly/3s0EzAp
Main Galleries Folder: http://bit.ly/2R13LUd
Main Galleries Folder 2023: https://bit.ly/3Zypsin 

Comments